SUN SILICATES AND ISO 9001:2015 CERTIFICATION:
WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN?
For the past year, the Sun Silicates and subsidiaries team have been working hard on becoming ISO 9001:2015 certified. In February 2017, to every employee in the company’s joy, our hard work paid off and we received our certification!
What process did the Sun Silicates group follow, and what exactly does being ISO certified mean for the Company?
The Sun Silicates Group are specialist manufacturers and suppliers of;
- Sun Silicates: Perlite filter aid, horticultural grade perlite, construction grade perlite, exfoliated vermiculite and potassium silicates. Sun Silicates also distribute sodium silicates.
- Metflux: Fluxes to the metallurgical and foundry industry.
Sun Silicates Group Quality Assurance
The Sun Silicates Group implemented and maintains its Quality Assurance Management system and culture by incorporating the requirements of the latest ISO 9001 standard, being ISO 9001:2015.
ISO 9001 is the international standard, published by the International Organisation for Standardisation, for the regulation of total quality management in any organisation striving towards customer satisfaction. The latest version has evolved into a standard that adds value to every aspect of business and more a business excellence model. Some of the elements that assists organisations to become truly effective and customer focused are;
- Leadership responsibility and accountability facilitating strong business strategy and continual improvement management.
- Legal compliance ensuring documented control and evidence of the organisation statutory conformance and integrity to relevant laws, regulations, standards relevant to the business and products.
- Process driven and context understanding ensuring true process definition and efficient workflow based on a clear understanding of the needs and expectations of all interested parties, both internal and external i.e. market, external and internal customers and suppliers / subcontractors etc.
- Business risk management ensuring planned continuation and sustainability of the organization by addressing and mitigating the impact of risk, at the same time implementing management programs to take advantage and secure business opportunities.
Sun Silicates Group ISO 9001 Certification
The Sun Silicates Group management embrace all the above elements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard and have entrenched these into the daily management processes, practices and culture. In addition, Management has contracted Lloyd’s Register QA to audit and certify the Sun Silicates Group Total Quality Assurance Management System, as an independent third party, to the ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
The Sun Silicates group received their certification on 25 April 2017.
Please follow the link below to take a look at or download the Sun Silicates group ISO 9001 certificate
Sun Silicates Group Promise of Customer Satisfaction
This is a milestone proudly achieved by the Sun Silicates Group as a demonstration to all valued Customers of its commitment towards quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
For more information, please visit our website www.sunsilicates.co.za, or give us a call on 011 824 4600.